Student Poster Competition – first prize £1000 and two runner up prizes of £500 each
A student poster competition will be held during the conference. All of the finalists will be able to display their posters at the venue for the duration of the conference and there are generous cash prizes for the winners and runners up. The competition will be open to all undergraduate and post graduate students studying a subject related to offshore site investigation and geotechnics up to PhD level. Just email an abstract of up to 200 words to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday the 14th July. Full details are given in the competition rules listed below. Please read these carefully before sending in your abstract.
- The competition is open to all undergraduate and post graduate students studying a subject related to offshore site investigation and geotechnics, including geophysics and geotechnical engineering. Entrants must be registered students at a recognised University on the 31st August 2017.
- To enter the competition students are invited to submit an abstract of up to 200 words in English by email to email@example.com. The email should be titled ‘Student Poster Competition Entry’ and include the name and contact details of their University and their Supervisor.
- The closing date for the receipt of entries is Friday the 14th July 2017. The judging panel will review the entries and select up to ten finalists who will be notified by the 31st July 2017.
- Finalists will be invited to produce an A0 size poster in English for display at the conference. The poster must be forwarded by email as a pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31st August 2017.
- Finalists should also prepare a presentation in English of not more than 5 minutes duration, and illustrated with not more than 5 PowerPoint slides, to be given to the judging panel during the conference.
- Prizes will be awarded based on technical innovation and quality of presentation taking into consideration both posters and oral presentations.
- There will be a first prize of £1000 and two runner up prizes of £500 each.
- Entrants must be prepared to travel to and attend the conference at their own cost, and should register to attend at the delegate rate of their choice through the conference website www.sutconnects.org
- Students who have already had papers accepted for the conference may also enter these papers into the competition but should re-submit them according to the Poster Competition Rules.
- The winners will be announced on the final day of the conference, and the judging panel’s decision is final.